HOME

Takigawa History

From founding to the present, we will introduce the history of Takigawa over 80 years by chronological table.

1931.February

Company founder (and first president) Takashi Takigawa established Takigawa Shouten, a wholesale store for hairdressing products, in Kanzaki-cho, Higashi-ku, Osaka-shi.

1939.July

Expanded to Tokyo

1950.October

Relocated to newly built office in Asakusa Misujicho, Taito-ku

1952.July

Reorganized as Takigawa Shouten Co., Ltd. with capital of ¥3 million

1960.October

“Takigawa General Catalogue” published

1962.March

Completed construction of new head office in Asakusa Misujicho, Taito-ku

1970.July

Company founder Takashi Takigawa passed away. Koichi Takigawa became new president.

1972.May

“’72 1st Annual Takigawa Trade Fair, Hanei no-ki” event held for dealers

1973.May

Announcement of launch of esthetics business start of operations

1974.October

“’74 1st Annual Takigawa Beauty Fair” held for barbers and beauty salons

1975.October

“Takigawa Shinjuku Beautrec” opened (salon development and esthetics business division)

December

“Takigawa Izu Beautrec” opend (training and recreation facility)

1977.March

“Takigawa Nagoya Beautrec” opend (currently Nagoya Branch)

1979.January

introduced yearly appointment system for managers

May

Company name changed from “Takigawa Shouten Co., Ltd.” to “Takigawa Co., Ltd.”. Construction completed of current head office building located at 3-2-1 Motoasakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo.

September

“’79 TISA 1st Annual National Managers Conference” (management seminar) held

1980.March

Launch of newsletter “THE BEAUTREC”

1982.July

“Takigawa Distribution Center”opened

November

Osaka Branch start operation

1984.August

Begin of hairdressing and beauty cultural exchange between Japan and China

November

Sapporo Branch start operation

1986.April

Established “Takigawa Esthetic Academy”

September

“1st Intensive Study Program for Beauticians” held at Izu Beautrec

November

“Pelloro Nail Art Gallery” opened

1987.April

“1st Annual Takigawa Golf Jamboree (competition) ’87” held.

1988.May

Construction completed of new “Takigawa Izu Beautrec”

June

“Intensive Study Program for Beauticians” reopened as “Takigawa Beauty College”

1990.February

Introduced CI. Corporate mark and logo have changed

1991.January

“Celebration for Young Hair stylists of Tomorrow” held

1993.July

Construction completed of 2nd Takigawa head office building

1998.March

Construction completed of Takigawa “Esthetic Hall”

September

Established “Takigawa Nail Academy”

1999.October

Start issueing “Beauty Gallery”( product catalog)

2001.May

“Distribution Center” moved to Shiohama, Ichikawa-shi

July

70th anniversary celebration

September

Introduced e-partnership (EDI)

2004.June

Koichi Takigawa became a chairman, Masahide Takigawa became a president of the company.

2005.February

300th edition of newsletter “THE BEAUTREC” issued

2008.January

FIOLE division became a separate company as “FIOLE COSMETICS CO., LTD.”

August

With its 19th volume, total copies of Beauty Gallery published over 4.5 million.

2009.February

Celebration of 100th anniversary of company founder’s birth

December

Published “BEAUTY BOX”

2010.February

The Beauty Galleries issued a total of 5 million copies 

March

30th anniversary of newsletter “THE BEAUTREC”

October

Inven ion of “TAKI-NET”( online order system)

2013.May

Mutsuko Takigawa became a president of the company.

July

Takigawa Scholarship Program ' The First Summer School ' held

2014.March

Osaka branch relocated to Minamisemba Chuo-ku, Osaka

2017.April

Koichi Takigawa received ' Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Pays with Rosette Award ' . 

August

Nagoya branch relocated to Sakae Naka-ku, Nagoya

October

 ' The 5 years' record of Takigawa Scholarship Program ( no repayment )  for future's barbers and hair dressers'  issued.

Contact